Monday, December 29, 2014

Day 86....My first official food prep day!!!

Day 86...My first official food prep day!!

The coolest thing ever!! During our annual Christmas dinner with the family a couple of my cousins and I planned a day to do an official food prep. One of my cousins has actually been doing it. I thought it was perfect that she would help me do it the first time. We all made a plan to go shopping, cook, prep, eat lunch and then workout. We actually did ALL that!! I had a bit of anxiety starting the day and trying to figure out how the foods I am eating under the direction of my nutritional consultant was going to work. But that is the beauty of having a loving support system. The three of us worked together and helped each other!  I am so thankful to have these wonderful cousins in my life!!  We are going to try and get together more often to food prep again. This is just one more step in this journey of developing a better relationship with food. We made spaghetti squash with marina, egg muffin scrambles, banana and egg pancakes, chicken, asparagus, broccoli, veggie snack packs, berries for smoothies and snacks, collard green wraps, and hard boiled eggs. This was the first time and we have lots to learn but we got this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment