Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Day 59....To change or not to change??

Day 59....To change or not to change.

I know that the meal plan I am on will not be a long-term solution to a healthy and fit lifestyle. Nothing has put that into hyper focus more than the last three days when I had to plan my own meals.  I was so desperate for my meal plan box to arrive today because at least I know the portions and the calories that have proven successful so far. I know myself and I don't want to think or stress about what I eat four to five times a day. However, this anxiety proved that this is the missing puzzle piece to my success. I have consulted with a nutritionist and I have attended lectures on nutrition but for some reason I cannot DO IT!! Ahhhhh!! Why do I have such anxiety around food!! I hate that food has done this to me. I wish food was bland or in pill form. So...I am on the precipice of making a big change because it is seriously evident this needs to happen. Instead of having my meal plan for every meal, I will do it just for dinner. A nutritionist will help me devise nutrient dense smoothies for breakfast and snack and sometimes lunch. He recommends this blender. Do I take the next step and start preparing a few of my own meals?????  


3 comments:

  1. Try substituting a smoothie for a meal now. Some people find smoothies satisfying and delicious, but others need the act of biting and chewing to feel like they've elated. If it works for you--go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!!! Thank you for the suggestion. I remember thinking the chocolate/peanut butter shake from BLR was not going to fill me up until I tried it. I LOVE IT!!!

      Delete
  2. IDK- I think that you need to put it all into perspective. I mean, it took you how long to gain the weight? I figure it will take me a year or two to take it off. I think that you should stick to the meal plans a while longer (thereby giving you more time to work on the other external factors like stress, boundaries, sleep, etc.) Then, maybe in six months you can cut it down by a meal, then do that for six months before cutting it down again. I love the nutritionist idea but, in a while. I mean, once you need to start shopping for yourself, all of the temptations in the grocery store come back. That said, I have a Ninja and love it. I've heard great things about the Vitamix. They're probably comparable.

    ReplyDelete