Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 68...Started lifting weights today.

Day 68...Started lifting weights today.

Since I started doing Facebook, this blog and Instagram, I have been learning from other people who are on fitness/weightloss journeys too. One thing that I keep hearing from others who are finished with their weightloss or almost finished and are starting to reshape their bodies is, they wished they had started lifting weights earlier in their weightloss journey. I started doing it myself a month ago.  I would do it three days a week from things I learned from past training sessions, Fitness Ridge, friends and family. But I have never specifically did any weight training. I liked the feeling of actually sweating from pure strength exercises. I figured that I am not the expert on weight lifting so I asked the trainer to help me come up with a great well-rounded routine to just start out because I am so new to it. For anyone who fears that weight training will make you look bigger (which for the longest time I did too), rest assure, weight training tones you and strengthens your body. You will not look like a person getting into a fight with a beehive. That type of weight training is on a whole other level. Another AWESOME benefit is......more muscle burns more fat and a pound of muscle takes up a lot less space in your body verses a pound of fat. I am happy to add this to my workout regimen.


No comments:

Post a Comment