Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Day 60...I am happy!!!

Day 60...I am happy!!

Wow!!! Two months already!!

It is so important to realize you and you alone are responsible for your own happiness. There are many things that can help in that effort but at the end of the day, what did you do to keep your beliefs, values and goals in focus?  You must stay true to yourself, listen to yourself, and honor your feelings. You cannot be a good wife, mother, friend, co-worker, teacher, etc., if you are not taking care of yourself and honoring your needs. It is not the job of anyone else to make you happy and it is unfair of you to put that burden on someone or something. I keep reminding myself that this journey will not miraculously provide me with everything I want at the end. I am finding that through this process I am not as grumpy and I am able to rationalize a bit more when I am being irritable or cranky.   I take a step back and try to figure out the reason. I have always loved that term "HALT."  I am either hungry, angry, lonely and/or tired. I take a moment and reflect when I start to feel something and I try to see if there is a way to fix it. What I am also discovering is the effort in being proactive. When I am taking care of what I know makes me feel happy, the days seem brighter, lighter, less stressful and I have a pep in my step!! Ha ha ha ha!!! All that being said.....I love these classic Saturday Night Live skits!!!!  These definitely make me HAPPY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment