Monday, December 22, 2014

Day 79....Annual family Christmas gathering.

Day 79....Annual family Christmas gathering.

Since my grandma passed away, our HUGE family stopped getting together every Christmas and Easter. Growing up, it was such a joyful experience!! There were SO MANY cousins to play with. My grandma and grandpa always provided and hosted a warm, relaxing, fun, and loving environment. All my cousins have grown up, married and started their own families. Inevitably, everyone's family has expanded and added in-laws. However; I think we ALL loved that magical time at Grandma and Grandpa's house, that we started an annual event at a restaurant before Christmas and WE LOVE SEEING EACH OTHER!!  Of course, in the past this was a source of anxiety because; although my family loves and supports me, I would be embarrassed coming alone and very overweight. I loved seeing my family but I was NEVER comfortable since I gained this weight. They would never bring my weight up because I ALWAYS bring it up first. Anyway, enough of that!! This time I had a GREAT TIME!!  I did; however, talk about my weight, diet, fitness, and NEW LIFESTYLE!! This time it was brought up because I am happy, looking healthier, feeling inspired to talk about how good I am feeling and of course, a few apologies for being so reclusive over the years.  I can honestly say that I was present, in the moment, ate healthy (looked at the menu ahead of time), and really enjoyed the conversations. I wish there was more time to be able to catch-up with everyone. Ha ha ha ha!! Now that I am Facebook-ing, I feel more connected, but NOTHING beats in person and getting HUGS AND KISSES! I LOVE MY FAMILY!!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!  Here are pictures of some cousins and aunt. Next year, I am taking pictures with everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing family we have. We are so blessed. you are loved by all.

    ReplyDelete