Monday, December 15, 2014

Day 72....Global Winter Wonderland!!

Day 72...Global Winter Wonderland!!

So many things about this past Saturday night are completely different then my typical Saturday would be like. My Saturday started with a workout, a quick store trip to buy my nephew a birthday present, I attended his birthday party, then we all went to the Global Winter Wonderland. I had no idea what to expect, but I had the energy and was not terribly overcome with embarrassment. I felt comfortable in my own skin. The best way to describe the global winter wonderland is like the state fair on one of their busiest days, but at night and during the cold winter!!! It was so pretty!! Lots of walking was involved and when given the choice to walk or take the shuttle, I said WALK all the way baby!! There were lots of lines and I wasn't always looking for a place to sit. I just felt comfortable. A day like this would have made me cranky and anxious. On one hand I would have wanted to be with my family but on the other hand, I would not have the energy nor the ability to do all the activity. I also would have been embarrassed to see other family members. Often times when put in social situations like that, I would be the first to bring up my weight problem. I guess I did that as a coping mechanism because I was sure there was always a thought of concern or "I wonder if she is doing something about her weight, she is so heavy and I worry, she is wasting her life, she use to be so vibrant, athletic and HAPPY."  I know these weren't negative judgements, just honest concern. I know these thoughts are true because some people would bring it up. I just started beating everyone to the punch. Before May 2013, I probably would have opted out of all that stuff and laid in bed eating crap food and watching TV. That was not living, that was DYING. GUESS WHAT???!!!??? I also ran into two very dear friends of mine and met their two little boys for the first time!! Instead of focusing on ALL the time that was lost or how embarrassed I may feel because of my weight or my terrible friend skills....., I focused on how much I truly love these people in my life, how incredibly HAPPY I was to see them and how much I MISS them!  Love you Mike and Mel, and your two cute littles too!  Hugs and kisses!!!


2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you living!!! You are amazing and an inspiration! See you soon...

    ReplyDelete