Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Day 73...Surprise visit from IVANA!!

Day 73....Surprise visit from IVANA!!

I truly started this journey the summer of 2013 when I went to the Fitness Ridge, Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu. Two months prior, I was at my highest weight I have ever seen on the scale..430 lbs. I tried to lose weight and work out before I went to Malibu. I was going to be there for two months. My most wonderful parents took money out of their HARD EARNED RETIREMENT to pay for it. My love for my family is immeasurable. More on that another time. When I weighed in at Fitness Ridge Biggest Loser, I weighed 418 lbs. I have so much to say on what is was like being at a fitness resort and being so out of shape and the largest person there, but I will save that for another time. The resort was amazing!! A true fitness paradise!!  I met so many amazing and loving staff members, trainers and hiking guides. I was coming there having been in such a reclusive state. I was truly afraid to be by myself or having to socialize because I had not done it for so long (at least 9 or so years). Obviously, I would talk at work but other than that, I did not socialize. One of the hiking guides had the most infectious smile and laugh!! Her energy was pure acceptance and love!! She made every hike fun even though many times I wished for death on those hills, ha ha ha ha!!! I never felt judged. We laughed, I cried, we'd tell stories, she would talk about the flora and fauna, I cried, she would listen quietly to my bitching and crying and she never made me feel bad about my situation. She was so full of hope and encouragement. Thank you Ivana for being such a beacon of light/life at the true beginning of this journey. Living across the country is way too far but I will take any minute I have with you!!!  I really enjoyed our workout together and our visit. Thank you so much for being apart of my journey. Never change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment