Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 145....Positive, supportive, colorful and cheery Nancy.

Day 145...Positive, supportive, colorful and cheery Nancy.

I have to tell you that I have never felt more connected and supported in MY LIFE!! Maybe because I was reclusive for so long and engaging with people is still fairly new to me after 10 years. This journey has been amazing. I have been connecting with childhood friends, high school friends, college friends, friends from places I visited, acquaintances that have become friends, strangers that have become friends, etc. I was prepared when I was encouraged to take this journey public (thank you Michelle and Sarah) for possible ridicule, being teased, etc., but not only did none of the bad stuff happen, I am continuously overwhelmed by the encouragement and support of all kinds of people. Let me give you just one example....Nancy is a hiking guide her at Wellfit, Malibu. You can't help but notice her because her smile, energy, and pretty ways are infectious. I didn't get a chance to hike with her that much the two months in 2013 I was here but I knew her and her supportive and positive ways. When I started this public journey I was connected to Facebook groups of places I had been before (Thanks again JP). Nancy always writes a positive comment on most of my blogs. I couldn't believe she remembered me!! The staff here meet SO MANY PEOPLE!! When I got to see her again during this trip, I wanted to squeeze her and THANK HER SO MUCH for her encouraging comments!! Because anyone reading this now....you really cannot understand the magnitude in which the power of your words keep me going!!! Nancy is an example of the incredible appreciation I have for anyone who takes the time to read these online journals. I just can't see a way that I can fail.

A couple things: STAY HYDRATED!! Guests are dropping like flies around here because they are dehydrated!! I drink 4-5, 32oz bottles a day. These carafes are my best friend here!!

The night life has been AMAZING!! Music by the fire pit each night. They had audience participation and I got to play the bongos!! Woohoo!!!


2 comments: