Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 128....Tools for success...so far.

Day 128...Tools for success....so far.

I have been asked at one time or another what tips I have, or what I am doing to lose weight, or how much I exercise. I thought I would do a bulleted list of everything that I have done since I went public with this journey; although this journey has been ongoing for 10 years. The summer of 2013 is when I really got serious about trying to save my life. Keep in mind, I do not have a family to care for and I moved home over the summer of 2014 to take this journey SERIOUSLY!!  That includes most of my income going towards fitness and nutrition. The following is a list of what I have done thus far:

*September 20th to October 4th of 2014, I was at Movara Fitness Resort in Utah for two weeks. The BEST kickstart EVER!!! In two weeks I lost 17 lbs and I had the best foundation to reignite and continue my weight loss journey. There were many lectures on nutrition, daily hikes, 3-4 more hours of daily exercise classes, amazingly tasty and healthy food, great companionship, and encouraging staff.  Movara.com

*I came home and immediately ordered a food plan called Simply Fresh. I did not have to go to the store once, prepare or portion my food with this plan. I did this because I have the hardest time with food. I did this all of October, November and part of December. Simplyfresh.com

*My workouts started with a commitment to myself that I could keep. A big lesson I learned from Movara Fitness Resort. When you set unrealistic goals, you constantly disappoint yourself and that makes you sad. At first, it was 5-7 days a week for at least an hour at the gym. I also met with Adam, my personal trainer for ONE 30 minute session a week. I did this for about a month and a half and then I bumped it up to TWO 30 minute sessions a week and I go to the gym daily for a minimum of two hours a day 6-7 days a week. I do an hour on the treadmill and an hour on the arc trainer. I keep the levels challenging all the time. DON'T GET COMFORTABLE!! If your workout starts to become easy, it is not being effective and therefore a waste of time. Fitnessrangers.com

*I started weight training during the middle of December. It replaces one of my hours of cardio 3x a week. I am really starting to understand the benefits of weightlifting.

*HIIT, Metabolic conditioning, tabata training and crossfit are all terms that are current in my physical activity.

*During the middle of December I changed my eating. I cancelled "Simply Fresh" and started working with a nutrition coach. This was very scary because I have such an emotional tie to food. Scott Estrada has been so helpful. I now shop, prepare and portion out my food. I am not always successful, but that is part of the journey. Part of this new eating plan involves cold pressed juice cleanses.  Wholeheartedjuice.com

Summary of activity:
Monday-One hour tread, one hour arc trainer, one hour weight lifting
Tuesday-30 minute personal training, 90 mins cardio
Wednesday-One hour tread, one hour arc trainer, one hour weight lifting
Thursday-30 minute personal training, 90 mins cardio
Friday-One hour tread, one hour arc trainer
Saturday-One hour tread, one hour arc trainer, one hour weight lifting
Sunday-sometimes rest day or one hour tread, one hour arc trainer

Summary of food:
I don't count calories and I am not really measuring. I KNOW, RIGHT!!?? Totally mind blowing!! I am training my body to use fat for fuel. I eat a lot of avocados, green smoothies, salads, superhero coffee, roasted veggies with coconut oil and sea salt, lean grass fed and/or pasture raised animal protein, and salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment