Thursday, February 12, 2015

Day 131....Two year difference!!

Day 131....Two year difference!!!

I stumbled across this photo the other day and it was from me being filmed for my teaching credential two years ago around this time of year. I couldn't believe it!!!!!! I RARELY took any photos/vidoes of myself at my highest in the 430's lbs. But sure enough.....the only reason I did this was because it was a mandatory part of fulfilling my teaching credential. I still had the same top so I thought I would take a video of me today and compare the two. I am so thankful for taking photos/vidoes, it is such an amazing visual motivator!! That day was so hard for me. I rarely taught standing up for any length of time, so it was not an authentic account of my day to day teaching. I was sweating so much, desperate to sit down, afraid the students would not be engaged because they were used to seeing me behind the desk. I just wanted it to be over. I understood why it needed to be done....so I can reflect on my teaching style.....but......I was so heavy, depressed and slowly dying by food. That was a few months before I really got serious about my weight loss. This picture evokes SOOOO many feelings. Heavy sigh........

It will be exciting to take another photo in 4-5 months in front of my class again. I am looking forward to it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment