Sunday, February 22, 2015

Day 141....Malibu Fitness Resort! I'm BACK!!

Day 141....Malibu Fitness Resort!! I'm BACK!!

The coolest, most randomness opportunity happened a couple days ago. I got the chance to come to the new Malibu Fitness Resort called Wellfit for a week as part of a focus group. I could not believe I had this opportunity!! Love you Janet and Tami!! I immediately found out if I could go and still have a job because it is absolutely unheard of for a teacher to take this much time off, but honestly I would take a leave of absence if I could live at one of these fitness resorts. These places offer such a great break from the day to day and give you the time to spend 100% focus on yourself, which we ALL need from time to time. I can't believe I am here. In 2013, I came here weighing 418 lbs and left two months later weighing around 360 lbs. I left with a smaller number on the scale but I gained so much more than just a smaller number. I could stand erect for more than a couple hours, I could hike, I learned about emotional eating and nutrition, I felt muscles underneath my fat, I became more confident, I learned how to socialize again, I met a community of people that I will be life-long friends with. I only wish I had joined Facebook sooner because some of them I lost contact with. Stay tuned as I write about my incredible experience this week!! I have a two hour hike in the morning plus an additional 3-4 hours of more fitness classes! I am so pumped for this!!! There is just a bit of a hesitation because I have been doing so WELL back at home with Adam, Jake and Scott that I fear I might gain weight and lose muscle. I will do my weekly update this coming up Sunday and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to do great. You need to mix it up like this ... or your body gets used to what you're doing. I am so happy for you to be back!!

    ReplyDelete