Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day 138....The power of the mind!!

Day 138....The power of the mind!!

I know I have addressed this before, but I am completely convinced that for me this journey is all in the mind. I know that a lot of people realize that gaining weight is a symptom of something else. Proper diet and exercise is not rocket science. In fact, I like the acronym I learned at Movara Fitness Resort.....K.I.S.S...which means...Keep It Simple Stupid. For the most part, I agree with this; however, working with the nutritionist, Scott Estrada, I am learning a great deal about nutrition that I am really excited about....so, it can be a little more indepth but a welcomed indepthness. But I digress. Just recently, I was feeling bad about something and even though I could rationalize how ridiculous it was to give it one more second of thought....I could not stop perseverating on it. I kept thinking about it, internalizing it, I couldn't get out of my head. I tried to do punish myself with squats every time it crept in "Ha ha ha!" I tried to earmark time to allow myself to think about it at a later time, etc. I tried many strategies but I just obsessed over the thought. This obsession ended up preventing me from having a great workout, gave me a headache, put me on edge, made me a bit short with family, and overall made me feel kind of crappy. A couple days later, I got some REALLY GOOD NEWS and my whole attitude changed. This news lightened my spirit, made my workouts feel effortless, made me happy with myself and others, and my general outlook on things were GREAT. Infact, it was a welcome distraction from the other issue that was causing me distress and obsessive thoughts. Some of this may seem like I need a one-way ticket for medication but that is not the answer for me. I am looking at both events objectively now and I am CONVINCED that our mind has GREAT POWER!! I won't get too deep on just how powerful I think our mind is, but honestly, if I can control my own mind and figure out a way to look at things positively, without fear of potential doom, prevent racing thoughts, stop obsessing over ridiculous things, be happy, relax, and just BE......this journey will be so INCREDIBLY productive.


No comments:

Post a Comment