Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 93....Two week break from work: Family, Gym, and Good Food!!

Day 93....Two week break from work: Family, Gym, and Good Food!!

I successfully ENJOYED my two week break from work and did not stress about keeping myself busy. In fact, I did not feel tempted most of the time. There was one time when our wonderful neighbor brought over her AMAZING annual Christmas cookie tray full of yummy treats. My family laughed when I decided that was a perfect time to brush my teeth and put Crest white strips in!! lol. Hey,....whatever works, right??! Another time was during New Year's day when my brother bought siracha crab cakes. I HAD TO HAVE ONE!!  That day was the first day I ate more than I should have in awhile. The next day was an important moment for me because in the past when I splurged, I beat myself up over it and one over-indulged meal would turn into an over indulging next day, to possibly a whole week and then THROWING IN THE TOWEL and giving up!! I don't know why us "All or Nothing" folks would give up so easily???  I worked very hard to not let this effect me. I rationalized it as I was eating it, enjoyed the moment, knew what feelings would come as a result and worked through it. I have to tell you that I did not punish myself the next day for it, I did not bad talk myself, etc.  It was simply a night that I decided to eat more than I should and I lived through it responsibly. However; I am not ready to go forward with a true treat meal at this time, but I do feel proud of my mini-accomplishment.

Great food!!  I am definitely enjoying cooking and eating clean, fresh, and nutrient dense foods!! Thank you again Scott!! Pictured is one whole avocado, banana and a tablespoon of chia seeds. You need to mash it up then eat it. This is a favorite breakfast!! Yummy!!

I spent loads of time with my family and I just love them so!!! Pictured: One of the days I was swinging my nephew while his brother was making us laugh. I can't get enough of that smile of his!!!

Pictured: Brother came into town for the holidays and we had a great time eating super clean, healthy, and nutritious. We also worked out a TON!!!  Thank you so much for supporting me!! I love you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment