Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Day 108...TeamTracy ROLL CALL!! Jake.

Day 108....TeamTracy ROLL CALL!! Jake.

Fitness Rangers has an AMAZING group of trainers that the owner Adam has assembled. When I humbly reached out to Adam again, four months ago, as I have done several times over 10 years...and begged him to take me back, we talked about how things needed to be different this time....or rather...Adam TOLD ME how I needed to be different. I was not allowed to go "dark" on him. We had to at least communicate about my struggles and I needed to be upfront. Another thing that was different was he and his beautiful wife were expecting their first child and he would not be able to train me for a certain amount of time, but he would line up a trainer to work with me during his absence. He introduced me to Jake. Let me first explain, that although I can be pleasant and do as I am told with any trainer, I have a difficult time with just any random person. I am already VERY EMBARRASSED with my size, the way things jiggle, the noises of DYING coming over me, etc. I have worked with other trainers before but NONE come close to Adam and his ability to make me fill comfortable and push me at the same time. It has nothing to do with the other trainers' ability, personality or skill, but more of the fact that I am just so embarrassed and I need to feel SUPER comfortable. I trust Adam 100%!!!! The time was coming close to his baby's arrival, so....Adam had me start working out with Jake. Of course I put on a brave face and I was ready to work, but it was all business and I would anxiously and obediently wait for Adam's return. Well....JAKE IS AWESOME!!! His pleasant smile, nurturing and gentle demeanor coupled with "LET'S DO THIS and DON'T QUIT and YOUR MIND WILL WANT TO QUIT WAY BEFORE YOUR BODY WILL," approach SOLD ME!!!! Jake made me feel so strong, confident and he was impressed at my work ethic. I don't care if some of this was lip service because I feel that he was genuine!!  One thing I noticed about Jake was that he worked out a lot of other clients on weights and so I asked him to help me put together a beginner weight routine. I haven't known Jake very long but I do know this....I haven't connected, felt safe, secure, comfortable and above all,..... when I am in such a vulnerable moment when working out and trying to move this large body..........I feel pure GOODNESS from Jake. I feel he really believes in me!!!  THANK YOU SO MUCH JAKE for being part of my journey.  Adam has a growing business and a growing family, his time is more limited now. Having a second/back-up trainer is probably a really good thing, I just never thought it would be possible that I would truly feel comfortable with anyone else besides Adam. I am so happy that he put us together!!  Thank you Adam and Jake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment