Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day 103....Team Tracy ROLL CALL!! Friends.

Day 103...Team Tracy ROLL CALL!! Friends.

I don't even know where to begin....??  Friends can make your day better, they can give you comfort when you feel lonely, they can say the most encouraging words, they can be your rock when you feel fragile or broken, some are so close they are called "sister," they can be EXTREMELY generous, they can be a voice of reason, a shoulder to cry on, they can be ones I have never even met in person but they give me so much support, someone to laugh and be silly with, someone that gets you,.....I literally can go on and on!!  I have taken many friends for granted and I did not give them the chance to help me through this when I first started to really gain weight. I left being a real estate agent and felt like a failure. That is when I should have reached out the most, but at that time everyone was moving on with their lives and I felt like I had taken 300 steps backwards. I couldn't get over it. I pushed so many people away and did not want to let anyone in. When I said I hid for close to 10 years, I really mean it. I did a few things here and there but no one really knew the pain I was in except my family. I have never really felt comfortable in my own skin. I don't know how else to put it. I hope that this journey helps me with that.

Reaching out to friends now and letting new ones in has been such an unexpected blessing!! I wish I was a literary genius to express the gratitude I feel towards you. Friends are gifts and I cherish your time and friendship!!!!!!!!! WHY DID I EVER THINK BEING ALONE WAS BETTER FOR ME?!

No comments:

Post a Comment