Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 116....Side effects.

Day 116.... Side effects.

I am hoping that I can help at least one person by talking about this. A year ago, I was doing awesome on my weight loss journey but a few things were derailing me and making me stress out. I had such a set back and almost undid everything I worked so hard to achieve. I am thinking that by talking about the side effects, positive and negative, will help me relax and stay on track during the hard times.

1.  I am losing SO MUCH HAIR!! Hair loss is a side effect of weight loss.  My hair is falling out in clumps. This happened last year and I didn't understand why. I thought I had some MAJOR DISEASE and I was going to go to the doctor and find out I only had a little while to live. I am not kidding!! That is where my mind goes!!  With that way of thinking, I got myself all worked up and fell off the wagon hard and around four months later, I noticed I had a ton of short hairs growing in. Now my hair is falling out again but it is to be expected and hopefully it will grow back. However, I have to keep thinking....would I rather be dead from obesity or have very thin hair?

2.  I am sorry if this is too much information, but again, I consider this an online journal and I am laying it ALL out there. My menstrual cycle was all messed up when I weighed over 400 lbs. Sometimes I had a period and sometimes I didn't. Before all this weight gain, I was like clockwork. But over the course of 10 years, I never really gave it much thought. Eating right, getting regular exercise, and losing over 100 lbs., my "Aunt Flow" is showing up again like clockwork and so is my cousin, "PMS!"  EVERYTHING.....is getting back to normal and it is taking me a bit to get use to it. And I mean EVERYTHING!!  Cravings for food, emotional psychoness and being in the "mood." All of which I medicated and pushed away with food for many years. I didn't think I had those feelings anymore but they are there and let's just say that after a 10 year dry spell, I can't wait to start dating again. I am thinking this summer I will put myself out there. Yikes!!!

3. Being complimented!! This a good side effect but sometimes I don't know how to respond. For so long I had given up on myself.

4.  Regret...I wasted a WHOLE DECADE!! I still feel like I am 30 years old. No matter how I try and rationalize it...regret rears its ugly head and floors me. I want to live without fear and regret!!

5.  More energy...I know I have talked about this before but with all this extra energy, I sometimes don't know what to do. I no longer need many naps, I get bored easily, my mind starts to over think and I can't shut it down. I am currently looking into hobbies.

6.  No more brain fog...I am handling issues a bit better at work. I am able to recall and make decisions more efficiently.

7.  I am impatient.....a little success is causing me to want to skip, fast forward, bypass ALL THIS STRUGGLE and start working on maintenance. I have such a long way to go and I so admire people who have stuck with it. This is hard work and I know that this is supposed to be an adopted lifestyle and not a DIET. I get so frustrated at times and question if this is really sustainable. I love the way I feel, I love the food I am eating and I DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO THE WAY I WAS LIVING!!  I am so impatient at times and staying on this journey any longer than four months is huge!!

8. Loose skin...not sure what I will look like at the end but all I need to think about is....would I rather be obese or have some loose skin?  Nuff said.

9.  My emotions are raw and fully exposed. I am not pushing them down with food anymore and I am no longer hiding. I am getting to know me again. Heavy sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment