Thursday, November 13, 2014

Day 40...I have to love myself now.

Day 40...I have to love myself now.

I have touched on this before but in order to be successful on this journey, I have to love, value and respect myself NOW. I can't wait to love and respect myself when I am at my goal weight because that puts too much emphasis on the exterior. I am so much more than a number on the scale, or the size of my pants. I am a smart, supportive, caring, loyal, funny, loving, and kind person. When I was told that a key element of having a successful journey is loving myself now, it was tough to hear. I realized I have put too much focus on my weight; however, it was hard not to because it impacts so much of my life. I have felt disabled. It had nothing to do with appearance after awhile. I could not ski, run, sit in all types of chairs, fit into booths or movie theater seats anymore  I could go on and on. I truly did not like the way I looked or felt.  I don't like the fact I have limited mobility. I don't like many things that have come as a result of being this heavy. Feeling valued within yourself and by other people is important. I was reminded of that yesterday. I was given a gift that made me smile and warmed my heart so much. It was from a very sweet co-worker/friend. She gave me the most lovely note that accompanied it. It was a gift from Victoria's Secret. I have not stepped foot in that store for over ten years. She gave me something that she thought I would love and be motivated to wear one day. I want to feel pretty and wear pretty things, but when you don't like yourself or take care of yourself, you barely smile, let alone wear pretty things. You don't want any attention brought to yourself. I love her for thinking of me and telling me you can start wearing pretty things anytime!! Thank you so much Linda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment