Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Day 38...Look who's filling her dance card!!

Day 38....Look who's filling her dance card!!!

I am just finishing up a four day weekend. Before this journey, I would have spent the entire time in bed watching TV, playing games and/or reading, while eating massive amounts of junk food. I would have probably stopped by the store Friday after work, planning a four day binge of frozen pizza, baked goods, candy, chips and tons of soda. Even though I would be excited to spend that time vegging out with my food, I would have hated the effort it takes to go into the store, walk the isles, while hanging onto the cart because it was hard to walk or even stand up for long periods of time. I would also dread the looks from the cashier as he/she wrung up around $100 worth of crap food. I would get comments like, "Having a party?"  I would lie of course, and say yes, but I hated that little bit of exchange. I guarantee that the cashiers knew exactly what was going on by looking at me. I was happy when self-checkout came about, although that was exhausting. BUT LET ME TELL YOU....I planned my four days off ahead of time to be active, social and spend very little time relaxing in bed, if any. I went to see the movie Interstellar, I went on an art passport tour with two cousins, my aunt and a friend to support my amazing artist cousin, I saw so much beautiful art and walked all around,  I went to a co-worker/friend's house and a group of us made lumpia together (a bit tough to be around food but I stayed strong and ate my special meals), I went hiking twice with a cousin and a friend, I went trap shooting (I don't really like guns but it was a really cool experience shooting clay pigeons), and I ended the four day weekend meeting with my trainer.  Normally, I would have NO energy going into work tomorrow, but I guarantee when I wake up in the morning I will be happy that I made great choices that align with my goals and have lots if energy to take on the week. Thank you mind for keeping my head in the game!!!  Here's a picture of me at the trap shooting range. WHAT AM I DOING??!! I feel like I would try anything and everything to keep busy, Ha ha ha!!



No comments:

Post a Comment