Monday, November 3, 2014

Day 30....Hey Trac, let's do squats!!

Day 30...Hey Trac, let's do squats!!

Good day!!  Since starting this journey a few people have reached out to me to get together for hiking or walking. A co-worker popped into my classroom the other morning. We happen to have the same prep period. She said, "Hey Trac, let's do squats every morning during our prep!"  Well...needless to say we are now doing squats (30 day squat challenge) and crunches (30 day crunch challenge). I am loving it because we are checking in with each other and holding each other accountable. I am feeling stronger. In combination with all my other working out, I can feel that this extra 10 minutes is helping. I use to think that all exercises had to be done during the hour or two I was at the gym while I was already sweating. I did not realize that 5-10 minutes of squats and crunches would have any effect if not immediately combined with another hour of working out. I learned that any and all exercise throughout the day added up. This is not an "Aha" moment as in discovering some major concept but more of an understanding that it really does have an impact. Taking the stairs, parking further away, 10 minutes of squats and crunches WORKS!! Don't judge, but here we are on the gross classroom floor having just finished our crunches. Thanks Karen, let's keep it up!!


No comments:

Post a Comment