Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Day 25....Respect thy Body!

Day 25...Respect thy Body!!

Good day!!  I have always been a naturally active and athletic girl. I have never really had any injuries or issues preventing me from doing what needs to get done. I was a swimmer on a recreational team from the age of six, I started soccer around 7 or 8, and then other things like basketball, volleyball, softball, tennis off and on. When I started high school, I fell in love with running. Right before I started to gain weight, around the age of 28, I joined a running club to prepare  for a marathon. Needless to say, the marathon never happened. Even during the last 10 years, I have never had a long standing injury that prevented me from exercising, other than general soreness or exhaustion. For some reason my left Achilles started to hurt very bad about a month ago. It hurt even to the touch. I was taught to tape it with kinesio tape and to ice it. This pain hurt so bad at times that I walked with a serious limp. I was told that if it got worse to see the doctor. However, there were days it was better and days it felt worse. Still not bad enough to have a doctor look at it again. The problem was, it was scary to me.  I was not able to push through it every day, so my exercises were limited to strength and the bike. Other days I pushed it hard.  This lasted for about a month. I am happy to say that it is definitely feeling better. The reason I am talking about it today is because I have never experienced an injury that curbed what I wanted to do. Instead I had to find other ways to get the heart rate up. I know that this is not the first time a person has gone through this but for a person struggling to lose a great deal of weight, I can tell you, I was a bit nervous. I started to realize the importance of keeping my body healthy. I have taken it for granted for SO LONG!!  The older I get, the more I will experience these types of issues, especially if I don't lose the weight....if...I live that long. Being considered by your doctor "A walking time bomb," is a tough pill to swollow. Now that the Achilles is feeling somewhat better, I am confident it will get back to normal soon even though I am still exercising on it. I have realized now how important my body's health is. It has made me WAKE UP to the fact....I DO NOT have an unlimited amount of time to correct all the damage that I have done to it.

I have big plans for these feet!! I promise that I will take this weight off so you don't have to work so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment