Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 18....Humble Pie

Day 18....Humble Pie (the zero calorie kind, but tough to swallow)

So.....have you ever been incredibly embarrassed to walk back into a gym after a LONG absence or ask to start working out with the trainer you flaked on 5 million times!!???  The feeling I get is so awful. How can I go into the gym and face the same regulars that will for sure be there because they have committed to the healthy lifestyle you so desperately want. Some of them would see my hardwork and give me encouraging nods or comments. But as usual, they would continue in their dedicated lifestyle and I would disappear after a few months. I want to make those permanent changes in my life. I want to be that person that incorporates exercise as part of my life ......for the rest of my life. I use to be that person. Now the last ten years have been fiiled with short bursts of killing it at the gym and enjoying the benefits of meeting with a trainer but they never last long and soon I am justifying and finding excuses to not work out.  Day 18.....I ate my "zero calorie but hard to swallow humble pie" and asked.....no begged the trainer that has been patiently waiting for me to finally commit but never wavering in his belief in me, if he would accept me back. HE SAID YES!!!  Again, I professed my commitment, my dedication to hardwork, trusting he will push my mind and body to the challenging limit. This time I am coming to the table with a food plan that has been in effect for almost three weeks, lots of lessons and strategies I learned from Fitness Ridge Utah to help prevent me from the "All or Nothing" mentality that has been my undoing for so long, and the surprising support I am receiving from exposing myself in social media and no longer hiding. I TRULY have nothing to LOSE (except 250 lbs.) and everything to GAIN (my life back).  Oh.....and yes.....I did say to myself as I walked into the gym a few weeks ago after a long absence and during my meeting today with the most amazing trainer.......THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT!!!!!  I choose life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment