Monday, October 27, 2014

Day 23....Stayed strong.

Day 23......Stayed strong.

A good day!!  This weekend pretty much kicks off the holiday/birthday season which, of course, centers around food. A lot of my family's birthdays start in October and end in January. I know that we get together with family and friends to catch up and enjoy each other's company but honestly....I feel that good food and lots of it is a HUGE part. To someone who obsesses about food all the time, the holidays and birthday season seemed to always include another 10 pounds on my body. I recognize that starting this transformation so close to the holidays is insane but I was sick of saying I'll start next week, I'll start Monday, I'll start tomorrow....the bottoms line is...I just needed to start.  I have a big problem with the "All or Nothing" mentality and that type of behavior is exactly what that type of mentality does, "I will start Monday and I will never falter and I will stay strong until I am done."  If I failed, and I always did then the "Diet" was out the window. The difference this time is I have to be OK with blips and blunders along the way. I have to be ok with not going to gym everyday. I have to be ok with not going super hard during my exercise each time. I know this is not new information. I have heard this before. But after 10 years of trying to lose weight the same way over and over without success....it is REALLY time to switch strategies. This weekend we celebrated my father's birthday, my mom made the most delicious meal. The next day we all watched the San Fransico Giants win game 5 in the World Series with pizza and snacks. I stayed strong!!  That food does not align with my goals, that food does not love me, that food will not take me out on a date, that food will not help me train for a marathon, that food will not help me feel healthy...mind, body and soul. I ate my healthy food and FELT AMAZING TODAY!!  Staying strong is not about "white knuckling" through the cravings.....it's about really looking at your goals and determining if this decision (or eating this) is aligned with my goals.......NO!!! Because I choose life!!

This just makes me laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment