Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 16 .......What do I do with all this extra energy???

Day 16.....

Good day!  Had some serious carb cravings. Loaves of bread around the world were on "High Alert!"    It was funny too, because I ended my work day talking about cravings. Did that conversation get my mind thinking about it??? Hmmmm.....not sure. Anyway, no bread was harmed today. So, food is my "drug of choice."  It has been a source of comfort, my companion, my best friend, it helps me feel better, and it has been the center of my universe for so long. I think about food all the time; when I wake up, at work, when I get home and even in my dreams. This weekend I had a lot of extra energy and started to get bored. Boredom lent itself to a bit of anxiety, anxiety lent itself to looking for comfort and then.....I had an "Aha" moment.  Before, I would eat such terrible food all day long for weeks and months on end and that food made me tired and lethargic, so I spent much of my time taking naps and feeling lousy. I would curse the alarm in the morning, get through work, get my crap food, eat till I was soooo full and take a nap. I would wake up and eat some more and go to bed late and start the day over again. When I am eating healthy and getting regular exercise, I end up with a ton more energy. Because I would not be use to all this extra alert wake time hours, I would get restless and bored. I didn't know what to do with that extra time, because most of that time was spent napping or nursing an upset tummy or headache. Now here is where the "Aha" moment really becomes apparent. Since I have become so out of shape, I became a recluse, I don't have hobbies, etc., so when I would start a health kick that gave me all this extra time, I would get bored, anxiety would creep in and then I would eat to comfort myself. This was a cycle and I see that now. I know I have heard it a thousand times but this time I GET IT!!! I need to think of and start finding other things to occupy my time. This will prevent me from becoming bored and eventually prevent me from thinking about food all the time. I wasn't always this way and this is one of those habits that need to be broken.  There are many triggers for me to want to eat because food has been a source of comfort for me. Time to really get out there and try new things.

Tracy's trying to get her "Groove Back!"  Ha ha ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment