Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 12.....The scale....

Day 12...a good day!!

Dear Scale,

Consider this a warning. I would like you to know that this time you have one job and one job only. I am so confident that this weightloss journey will succeed and part of that journey is putting you in your place. You are just a tool. You are only one measure of my total fitness and weightloss picture. No longer will I allow you to dictate how I feel about myself. So many times I would wake up in the morning, feeling good and then I would step on you and you would tell me I failed and I did not workout enough and/or did not restrict my calories enough. You are no longer allowed to call to me several times a day, begging me to step on you once an hour before bed. Our relationship is in the "friend zone." Nope!!  In fact, we are no longer friends. We are business associates. You and I will meet once a day for a minute. I will take notes on what you say and I will go about my day knowing that the food and exercise I am doing is benefiting me. I will take "notes" (number on the scale) and compare them with my measurements, body fat percentage, the way my clothes fit and body looks. You will just be a part of TeamTracy. You will no longer be the defining object in my life that tells me whether I should like myself or hate myself in that moment. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment