Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day 152....Car seat belts.

Day 152....Car seat belts.

In 2013, around my highest of 430 lbs., I remember just wanting to be able to paint my toenails or take a bath, where the water actually covered me so I could be warm all round my body. I would have to turn around slowly so I did not cause the water to splash over and this would allow me to warm up the front of my body for awhile. I love baths, but they were becoming increasingly difficult to get in and out of as well as staying warm. I could no longer paint my toes because my tummy was so large I could not bend enough to reach them. I was so disabled in so many ways and it was MY DOING!! I can definitely do both of those things now; however, I am still not completely covered with water in the bathtub, but is so much better.

I just recently discovered something that would cause me great anxiety everytime I was put in this situation. I honestly think this is one of the reasons very large people become so reclusive. Many car seat belts would not fit around me. I would get in as a passenger and try super fast to see if it would fit and if it wouldn't, I would just hold it near the connector so as not to give it away that it did not fit. Newer cars gave me away with their warning beeps or flashing lights. I would then have to admit that it did not fit. I remember being pulled over for not wearing a seat belt in my old car. I explained to the officer the reason and he said coldly and without any emotion that it was my responsibility for getting an extension and he wrote me a ticket. Not only did my seat belt not fit, I had a VERY broken front seat. The back of the driver's seat was resting on the back seat. I was driving around not being able to rest my back against a car seat. I wish I had a picture to show you. Well.......now I can say that I have been in over five cars within the last few months, and not ONCE did the seat belt not fit!!! I am just so happy!!! I feel that the anxiety I had around car seat belts is going away.


No comments:

Post a Comment