Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 231.....Take my money, please.

Day 231....Take my money, please.

I am doing GREAT!!! On track and feeling good for 12 days!! It is now time to tell you what occurred during this absence. I gained 42 pounds. I was back up to 319 lbs. I was eating the world, not working out consistently. I have since lost 21 of those pounds. It has been ROUGH. PERIOD. Family, friends were nervous, frustrated, supportive, etc. I WAS AFRAID. But I already told you all that before.

So.....what has been the new strategy that has helped me the past 12 days???.....Among going to new classes like Barre and Yoga, I started meditating, listening to podcasts, reading books and watching movies on self-help.....But the biggest help is....I no longer have access to my money. I know that sounds weak, childish and drastic but I can't seem to make the right decisions daily. Too many weeks went by and I would be good for two-three days and then right back to binge eating. Those weeks accounted for the 42 pound weight gain. I am still working out but I know that weightloss is 100% because of nutrition and exercise just accelerates the weightloss. I understand this will be temporary. Obviously, I need to learn to make healthy decisions for myself but if there is some intervention that I could put in place that will prevent me from gaining most of my weight back, then I will do it. Again, nothing has changed, there should be no reason why I have fallen so hard. BUT until I get my head right and discover along this journey why I keep turning to food to deal with emotions.....I WILL NOT GAIN ANYMORE WEIGHT BACK!!!

1 comment:

  1. Use any tools you have to. Giving up access to your money to prevent you from buying crap is a smart, temporary step. Good for you. You CAN do this!

    ReplyDelete