Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 179....Stop comparing!!!

Day 179....Stop comparing!!

I want to be comfortable in my own skin and accept myself completely with confidence. I want to inspire and encourage others. I want to continue to grow and become stronger and healthier in mind, body and soul. When I saw this saying the other day, it hit me hard!! I am constantly comparing myself to others. I have done that ALL my life and with EVERY aspect of my life (sports, grades, education, age, etc.). I also compare myself to my younger self. I wouldn't do it in a negative way or a "mean girl" way, it was me wanting to be like other people (envious). Everyone had it better than me. What could I possibly offer a friend, boyfriend, boss, co-worker, or even family? My self-worth is very low but with every day on this journey it is getting better. Whenever I start to compare myself, I stop and think of my strengths. When I start the negative self-talk, I stop and say something kind to myself.  Envy is bad, but I know I am not alone. Why can't we all accept our uniqueness and LOVE IT??!!  One of the strategies that helps with this, is helping others. Here's to embracing our individuality!!



No comments:

Post a Comment